History of Peach Hill Park

The area now known as Peach Hill Park has been the site of mixed agricultural uses since at least the 19th century.  The first aerial photograph of the site, taken in 1936, indicates that the property consisted of a small orchard, woodlands and an extensive area of fields and meadows. 

After its purchase in 1948 by Charles Beck, more and more of the farmland was converted into peach, pear and apple orchards. By 1967, when William Paladino, Jr. acquired the property, the pears and peach trees had disappeared, and Peach Hill was almost entirely an apple orchard.

By 1999, the last year of commercial operation, there were approximately 10,000 apple trees, with a few acres of meadow and some boundary woodlands.

Foggy Peach Hill sunset (Sept/2007)

Sign up for our newsletter

Please sign up here to receive our e-mail newsletter, which is sent about four times a year. Stay informed about future events and new developments on Peach Hill.

This website is supported in part by a grant from Parks & Trails New York, www.ptny.org.

Park Trail Map

Upcoming events

S A V E   T H E   D A T E S !

Saturday, 9/16/17 - Come Visit the Friends of Peach Hill table at the Arlington Street Fair

Sunday, 9/24/17 - 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. - Annual Apple Cider Ramble at the Park 

Sunday, 10/29/17 - Noon - 4:00 p.m. - 2nd Annual Harvest Festival

2017 Friends Board Meeting(s) all on Thursday

August 31, 2017 - 6:00 p.m. Meeting at Peach Hill Park